Mallory Quigley at the Susan B. Anthony List reports:
Today, Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) released its latest annual report for fiscal year 2011 to 2012, which revealed:
- During fiscal year 2011-2012, Planned Parenthood reported receiving a record $542 million in taxpayer funding in the form of government grants, contracts, and Medicaid reimbursements. Taxpayer funding consists of 45% of Planned Parenthood’s annual revenue.
- In 2011, Planned Parenthood performed a record high 333,964 abortions.
- Over the past three reported years (2009-2011), Planned Parenthood has performed nearly one million abortions (995,687).
- Cancer screening & prevention services and contraceptive services provided by Planned Parenthood continue to drop. Contraceptive services have dropped by 12% since 2009, and cancer screening & prevention services have dropped by 29%.
- Planned Parenthood reported a total of three million clients in 2011, meaning that 11% of all Planned Parenthood clients received an abortion.
More facts available on the SBA List’s One-Page Fact Sheet on Planned Parenthood’s 2011-2012 Annual Report.
Reacting to the report, Susan B. Anthony List (SBA List) President Marjorie Dannenfelser had the following comments:
“Planned Parenthood has spent much of the last few years demanding that taxpayers add millions more to their coffers, citing their non-profit status and so-called focus on women’s health. What have we received for our money? While government subsidies to Planned Parenthood have reached an all time high, so too has the number of lives ended by this profit-driven abortion business. Destroying nearly one million children in three years is not health care and does not reflect a concern for vulnerable women and girls. As Planned Parenthood’s funding goes up, abortions increase and real health services for women go down.
“As if these numbers weren’t already horrifying, Planned Parenthood has upped the ante even further by mandating that all affiliates provide abortions beginning this year. Americans are sick and tired of underwriting the nation’s largest abortion business. We call on Congress to immediately investigate and defund Planned Parenthood.”